Five Things That Set Us Apart
- We secure and invest more resources to fight poverty in Rock & Walworth Counties than any other not-for-profit organization. Each year, we invest approximately $10 million in our communities.
- We are a 100% local and independent organization, with entirely local leadership who are focused on our communities’ unique local challenges. No national parent organization sets our agenda.
- We help people by empowering them with opportunities to help themselves; focusing on long-term benefits, not quick fixes.
- We provide people and our communities with solutions to a wide spectrum of poverty problems, rather than focus on one single issue. To achieve this, we offer about 40 different programs in Rock & Walworth Counties.
- By reducing poverty’s negative impacts, which affect us all, we make our communities a better place to live for every person in them.