WIA (Workforce Investment Act)
The Younger Youth Workforce Investment Act Program (WIA) is designed to assist students with long-term academic and occupational career goals. The program assists economically disadvantaged youth, between 16-21 years of age and enrolled in high school, in overcoming barriers to employment by providing them with the necessary skills to be successful in the workplace.
This program will:
- Provide assistance to youth in achieving academic and employment success by improving educational and skill competencies and by providing effective connections to employers.
- Ensure ongoing mentoring opportunities to expand career and personal goals.
- Provide opportunities for training eligible youth.
- Provide continued supportive services.
- Provide incentives and recognition of achievement.
- Provide opportunities for participation in activities related to leadership, development, decision-making, citizenship and community service.
- Provide linkages to the Job Centers allowing students to become familiar with their services.
- Provide follow-up services which are central to the development of an effective youth program.
For more information:
Contact (608) 313-1209
CAI Pathways Center
20 Eclipse Center
Beloit, WI 53511