The Workforce Investment Act In-School Youth program (WIA) is designed to assist students with long-term academic and occupational career goals. The program assists youth between 14-21 years of age, at or below 100% of the federal poverty level, enrolled in education, and with at least one identified barrier, obtain employment and training goals by providing them with the necessary skills to be successful.
This program will:
- Provide assistance to youth in achieving academic and employment success by improving educational and skill competencies.
- Provide tutoring and mentoring opportunities.
- Provide opportunities for training to eligible youth.
- Provide individualized case management and supportive services.
- Provide incentives and recognition of achievement.
- Provide leadership and career development opportunities.
- Provide paid and unpaid work experiences including summer employment opportunities linked to academic and occupational learning.
- Provide follow-up services to further support youth development.
For more information:
Contact (608) 313-1209
CAI Pathways Center
20 Eclipse Center
Beloit, WI 53511